- Inputs: Two fully configurable inputs with buffered loop-throughs on BNCs; accepts component
video, S-video, or composite video input signals
- Outputs: Simultaneous output of component video, S-video, and composite video on BNCs
- Two window simultaneous display — The PIP 422 displays two windows within the same screen.
- Three-way video transcoding with simultaneous output of component video, S-video, and
composite video — Allows for flexibility and fast, easy integration into any video display system, as
well as video recording or simultaneous distribution to multiple displays.
- 10 memory presets for saving and recalling window configurations — The PIP 422 features 10
memory presets with factory-loaded picture-in-picture window configurations, which can be
customized to save configurations and recall size, positioning, and priority for all windows.
- Image freeze control — A picture-in-picture window can be frozen via the front panel or RS-232
or RS-422 control, enabling video frames to be captured and displayed for extended periods of time.
- Picture controls for each window including color, tint, brightness, contrast, and detail
- Window transition effects including cut, dissolve, and wipe — For professional quality
presentations, windows can be transitioned into and out of the image using a cut, dissolve, or wipe
- Swap mode exchanges configuration settings - sizing, positioning, overlay priority - between the
- Customizable background and border colors — Any of eight colors can be selected for the
background and window borders.
- Picture-in-picture window controls for positioning, sizing, zoom, and overlay priority
- Text overlay for window caption labeling — Each picture-in-picture window can be labeled with
text of up to 16 characters, through RS-232 or RS-422 control.
- RS-232 and RS-422 control port — Using serial commands, the PIP 422 can be controlled and
configured via the Extron Windows®-based control program, or integrated into a control system.
Extron products use the SIS™ - Simple Instruction Set command protocol, a set of basic ASCII code
commands that allow for quick and easy programming.
- Front panel security lockout — This feature locks out all front panel functions except for input
selection; all functions, however, remain active through RS-232 or RS-422 control.
- Rack-mountable 1U, full rack width metal enclosure
- Internal universal power supply — The 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, international power supply
provides worldwide power compatibility.